Through its recognized experience in managing all types of documents (textual, iconographic and multimedia), BvDIM provides archival processing services and consultancy for physical and digital resources.
BvDIM can assist its client in the maintenance of archives ; the processing of funds of administrative, cultural, scientific and technical nature ; supervising the writing of inventories ; hybrid archiving missions (paper and electronic) ; the mapping of data and documents to archive ; preparing archives for outsourcing to a third-party archiver ; staff awareness of archiving ; supporting agents in archiving their files ; writing technical and functional specifications to outsource archive storage.
These services can be conducted according to outsourcing principles. For this, BvDIM immediately puts into place an operational team trained specifically to meet the client’s needs and expectations.
Examples of projects:
- Archiving policy audit
- Inventory of electronic archives
- Assistance for the deployment of a mixed archiving system (physical and electronic)
- Collection, analysis, and indexing of archives (textual, iconographic and multimedia documents)
- Digitization and quality control of archive holdings
- Management and processing of archive funds with development of procedures and management tools
- Encoding and retroconversion of search instruments in XML EAD